The Peace & Justice Center of Sonoma County is seeking a part time Center Coordinator.
This job starts on November 3, 2014 for one year with a potential for extension. Hourly wage is $17/hr. and the position includes benefits. Please send a cover letter, resume and two personal character references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is September 29.
The Coordinator will staff the Center from 1-4pm Monday through Friday, and is required to attend two board meetings per month on the 2nd and 4th Monday from 6-8 pm. The Coordinator manages the Center in a professional and ethical manner and represents the Center and the ideals of peace and social justice. An expectation of knowledge of current events that affect the peace and justice community is desirable. Tasks are undertaken in a way that demonstrates attention to detail, honor for each individual, and commitment to non-violence.
* Respond to phone calls, greet visitors, answer emails and correspondence, oversee scheduling of room use, keep Center organized, renew supplies, update Center materials, maintain files, provide monthly Coordinator report for Board meeting (4th Monday), write Getting Centered for the Peace Press.
* Process donations and bank deposits, transmit credit card deposits, pay bills and give information to bookkeeper, send member renewal and donor thank you letters, arrange printing of appeal letters.
* Update the website, Facebook and maintain social media presence.
* Create weekly calendar of peace, justice and environmentally related events.
* Oversee Center volunteers, assist with periodic Center-sponsored events.
* Provide support to the Board and Project Coordinator as needed.
* Communicate with other organizers and activists, the media, and police and city officials, as needed.